Vision & Mission
The future plans of the Uttarakhand Cricket Association are dependent mainly upon its affiliation by the Board of Control for Cricket in India. However, at present we endeavor:
- To facilitate the constitution of the local cricket units at schools, collage, university and club level, and private sector, public sector and government offices and to get them affiliated with their respective district level cricket associations which are duly registered and affiliated with the Uttarakhand Cricket Association;
- To conduct an annual cricket tournament and league amongst the district level cricket association.
- To help our district cricket association to select its teams by lawful process of selection and by holding district level tournaments and camps thereby mobilizing a large number of young cricketers for the state unit.
- To train and en courage the cricketers of their respective teams for sending them to participate in various national tournaments around the year.
- To work for building a modern cricket stadium of our association at a prominent place in the state of Uttarakhand. Till then we can organize cricket in the Maharana Pratap Sports Complex of The Government of Uttarakhand which has hundreds of acres of land, and which a cricket ground has been designed and is readily available for matched and training.
- To prepare a Task-Force and send a talent scouting team of several renowned cricketers to travel, extensively for searching the talent in the State of Uttarakhand. We have planned the following hierarchy chart of our Task-Force to perform the above functions for preparing the upcoming and elite cricketers for grade-1 and international cricket matches:
- To work on the already prepared blueprint to organize Ranji Trophy matches of our zone in the State of Uttarakhand.
- To promote and organize women’s cricket as well as cricket for physically handicapped people.
- To organize specialized coaching camps for Umpires and Scorers.
- To organize specializes coaching camps for under 12, under 15, under 19, boys and girls, and thereafter for men, women and physically handicapped people, and to strive for establishing proper Cricket Academies at district, zone and state lavel.
- To organize affiliated cricket tournaments at State and National level with the objective of giving exposure to the local Cricket players of the State of Uttarakhand.
- To make available proper cricket kits, equipments and other necessary items as per requirements of modern cricket.
- To ensure continuity in training of cricket without any break round the year and to ensure its scientific and regular monitoring.
- To appoint a nutrition-experrt for guidance of healthy diet and food supplements to ensure the dietary requirements of the players, and to ensure regular testing of physical and physiological parameters of athletes.
- To organize educational and awareness programmes for complete eradication of the menace of doping.
We finally assure the esteemed Board that we would leave no stone unturned, to best of our competence, to show the desired results of promoting the game of cricket in the desired results of promoting the game of cricket in the State of Uttarakhand, within the time frame as prescribed by the BCCI, if given the opportunity to perform as such.
Thanking you ,